Religious Education is taught within every year group throughout the school. Religious Education is taught in accordance with the Peterborough Agreed Syllabus.
Early years foundation stage (EYFS)
Christianity and other religions or belief systems as represented in the school and local area.
Christianity + Islam.
Christianity + Judaism and Sikhism.
Christianity + Hinduism.
- Acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity and the other principal religions represented in the United Kingdom.
- Develop an understanding of the influence of beliefs, values and traditions of individuals, communities, societies and cultures.
- Develop positive attitudes of respect towards other people who hold views and beliefs different from their own; living in a society of diverse religions.
- Develop the ability to make reasoned and informed judgements about religious issues, with reference to the teachings of the principal religions represented in Peterborough and the United Kingdom.
- Enhance their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development by developing awareness of the fundamental questions raised by human experiences and of how religious teachings can relate to them.
- Responding to such questions with reference to the teachings and practices of religions and other belief systems, relating them to their own understanding and experience.
- Reflecting on their own beliefs, values and experiences in the light of their study.
(Religious Education: Agreed Syllabus, Peterborough City Council, 2013)
Helpful websites and links: