Project X Code Intervention
Project X Code is an intervention programme that embeds systematic synthetic phonics within a highly motivational 3D adventure series.
- Develops reading skills and enjoyment
- Develops self-confidence
- Promotes independent reading skills and enjoyment
- The books are divided between different zones of Micro World, a miniature theme park.
- Each zone requires readers to ‘shrink’ to gain entry
- However there is a malfunctioning computer called CODE.
- Pupils assist Team X by collecting CODE keys to shut down the computer before disaster strikes!
- Two texts in every book
- 1st text contains target phonemes & tricky words that are practised before reading.
- 2nd text although contains the same as the first text it is longer with varied vocabulary.
- Children selected for this task are in assessed small year groups and use the programme daily.
Read Write Inc Phonics
Read Write Inc. Phonics, written by Ruth Miskin, is a complete very successful reading programme, for 4 to 8 year-olds.
At Winyates we use the Read Write Inc Phonics Intervention programme for children that need support through phonics and reading, whether starting at the beginning with the Red Ditty books or further through the scheme on green or pink books, whether they are in a group or participate individually.
- Interventions are completed daily for 15-20 minutes.
- Progress is tracked by initial and on-going assessment so that we can ensure children are taught at the correct level.
- The children learn 44 phonemes (sounds) and the corresponding letters/letter groups using picture prompts.
- Learn to read using sound blending, known as ‘Fred Talk’ before reading each ditty or short story book.
- It ensures that your child quickly gains confidence in accuracy, fluency and has a good understanding of the text.